Terms & Conditions
By Dezign Pty. Ltd (The Company) trades in the state of New South Wales and in the Commonwealth of Australia and is bound by the laws relating to the Competition & Consumer Act (CCA) and the guidelines and laws of NSW. In particular this relates to guidelines prescribed by the NSW Department of Fair Trading. In the event that any disputes cannot be resolved by the Company and the customer, reference should be made to the Department of Fair Trading on their toll free number - 1300 135 399
- The Sales Order is a documented contract under common law and as such is binding on both parties to the contract. Therefore any variations or alterations to the contract must be agreed by both parties and must be confirmed in writing.
- Please choose carefully, as the Company does not refund if you change your mind.
- This contract can only be partly or fully cancelled by mutual agreement and a fee of not less than 20% of the total price will apply.
- The Company will not automatically accept a proposed cancellation of the contract however we may allow a variation to the contract. If a variation to a contract is agreed, a Service Fee of up to 20% will apply. (Minimum $50.)
- The goods contracted in this purchase are to be supplied as per “The Merchant Sample “. All reference to the quality of the final goods supplied under this contract shall be in regard to the original “Merchant Sample”.
- Goods sold as "Floor stock" or "as is" condition are not subject to normal "Merchant Sample" standards or warranty periods and no further claim can be made against the Company for repair or replacement of the product. These goods are sold on the basis of no refund or return and floor stock purchases must be collected or delivered within 7 days.
- Any inquiries, claims or disputes must have copies of this tax invoice and any reference for information about the goods or services must refer to the tax invoice number on the top right hand corner of the invoice.
- Full payment is required prior to delivery. The payment methods are stated on the front of this document. Failure to comply with these terms could be regarded as a breach of contract.
- All claims, credits, refunds or gift vouchers, shall only be payable to the party named on this contract.
- Lead times nominated are approximate as the manufacturing of orders is not within By Dezign’s control. For imported items this lead time may vary by up to four weeks.
- Special Note. “If the goods have been carried outside the standard Metropolitan delivery area, any service requirements will be done once the goods have been returned to the Company’s warehouse.”
- By Dezign’s warranty period is one year from purchase unless otherwise stated on the Sales Order. Claims for warranty will not be processed without proof of purchase. (Sales Order number or Invoice number).
- The terms of warranty shall be in accordance with standards of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. Under the scope of these standards, the Company will assess whether a fault is minor or major and for any minor fault the Company may elect to provide a replacement, rather than a refund.
- The standard warranty applies for domestic use only and does not apply to any damage as a result of a subsequent relocation of the goods after the initial delivery.
Key Delivery Terms & Conditions:
The standard delivery service allows 15 minutes for delivery to a ground floor location. For deliveries that require other requirements an additional fee may apply.
- Please note that the following services are not included in a standard delivery charge:
- Unpacking wrapped furniture. (This includes timber, cardboard, bubble wrap, fibre bags and plastic.)
- Removal of packing materials or crating.
- Exact in home location, including levelling, adjusting or cleaning of any furniture.
- Goods will only be delivered subject to payment by the agreed terms, of the outstanding balance or agreed progress payment for part deliveries. Please note that payment by personal or business cheque at the time of the delivery is not accepted.
- For customers who require special delivery conditions or an exact delivery time there is a “Gold Delivery Service” available at an extra charge. Please inform the warehouse manager who can be contacted on 9625 6993 (9.00am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday) of your requirements and we will advise the specific delivery cost – minimum $150.
- We will deliver into the house or unit provided it is within 30 metres of the nearest available truck parking point. We will not normally deliver goods through another person’s property or over balconies.
- We will deliver to units on higher floors, as long as the goods can be transported in a suitable lift.
- Customers are totally responsible for ensuring that ordered goods can be properly received into the required delivery location and that they will fit through all openings for the goods to be delivered. If, in the professional opinion of the delivery sub-contractor, the delivery cannot be undertaken without potential damage to the goods or property because of restricted openings or limited access, the subcontractor cannot complete the delivery. Under these circumstances the customer can:
- Elect to have the goods delivered to another location.
- Fill out a rejected delivery form and have the goods returned to the store.
- To assist you with arranging receipt of your delivery we will phone you in advance to arrange a day for delivery. At that time we cannot specify the time of the delivery however on the morning of the delivery we will ring you to advise an approximate 2-hour time frame for the delivery.
- Where the Company confirms a delivery day as per point 2.7 and the customer fails to be available or cannot accept the goods because of inadequate access or fails to pay according to the agreed terms of payment, a second charge will apply for a second delivery of the order. The minimum charge for a second delivery is $80.
By Dezign’s delivery service does not include the movement of any other furniture. If required, customers may arrange this service with the sub-contractor at a nominal fee for a set time. Please note that this service has to be pre-booked and the sub-contractor’s printed terms and conditions document must be signed prior to work commencing.
By Dezign subcontracts to fully trained Furniture Removalists who use proper wool covers and a fully enclosed van (note the Company may on occasions use a courier van for small urgent items).
Please note that some delivery locations have special requirements and the company requests that these conditions are nominated prior to delivery. They include:
- More than two flights of stairs.
- High rise buildings with small lifts.
- Long distance from the truck “lift off” point.
- Stairs too narrow to move normal furniture.
- Unusual delivery, like ship or barge.
- Delivery where cranes or block and tackle are required (eg. delivery over a balcony.)
- Special times for “clearway” requirements.
- Narrow or steep drives or “battle axe blocks”.
Where customers are renovating driveways or paths, and if the weather is wet, then protective covers to the walk areas inside the house must be provided. (Please note the delivery people are not allowed to take off their boots because of “Work Cover” safety regulations).