Our Warehouse is receiving containers every day & booking delivery as soon as goods are available, but currently there is a worldwide problem with shipping and import orders. As a result, freight costs have quadrupled and delays of 4 to 6 weeks have become standard rather than an exception.
This has happened because of the following reasons:
- There has been a worldwide increase in consumer demand following the first few months of COVID-19.
- Manufacturers cannot meet demand because of staffing shortages and are running months behind their normal lead times. Some are now quoting 6 – 8 month lead times.
- Manufacturers in Asia cannot get enough empty containers to meet demand.
- Manufacturers are unable to book orders onto ships as there is simply too many orders and not enough shipping capacity.
- Industrial action at the Sydney wharf has caused delays & backlogs to unloading containers.
Our Warehouse & Buying teams are working as hard as possible to stay on top of changes to shipping schedules & our Customer Service team is ensuring any affected customers are notified as soon as possible.
We apologise for this issue & will continue to work closely with all customers to fulfil orders as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.